Friday, January 18, 2019

How was I creative this week?

Friday is usually my day off from work. Usually, I spend most of the day cleaning, running errands or being creative (in that order). Although I love my part-time job (ELL IA at local elementary school), I love creating things. I dabble in watercolor, acrylic painting, paper mache, sewing, baking, writing, reading. Well, you get the picture. I like to do it ALL. I believe I am a lifelong learner. Always on the lookout to learn a new skill. Sometimes, I wish I could just master one skill. Instead, "I am a Jack of all trades and a master of none." Kinda sad (insert sad emoji). Anyways, trying and learning new things makes me happy. And that's the point. I create in little bits "here" and "there". Creativity is not always easy to see. For example, I sometimes find myself daydreaming of the little bird chirping outside of my window. "What could he be saying?" "Is he warning his friends of a cat lurking by?" "Or is he shouting God's praises for the beautiful sunny, clear day?" My imagination goes wild. Possibly, an idea for a picture book -wink, wink. Here are some of the things that kept me creative this week:
Baked Chocolate sweet bread
sketching a picture of my father-in-laws dog. Still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It sure makes my day!