Friday, March 18, 2011

Handmade doll to spread God's word

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about how I can use the gifts God has given me to share His word.  There are many wonderful websites/blogs that showcase many handmade items and since I love to sew, I decided to make handmade dolls with bible verses on them.  This is not my original idea.  I want to give credit to an awesome blog http://www.babybeblesseddolls.com/ that has beautiful handmade dolls with bible verses.  I also want to be able to minister to children and share God's promises and encouragement.  My doll is certainly not perfect and still needs a lot of work.  My doll is made from different patterns I have put together to make it my own. 

Here is the back of the doll.  I am not sure if I will keep the verses in the back or move to the front.  I'm still experimenting.  I was planning on giving this doll away, but somehow I got a little attached.  Besides, her stitches are not perfect and although it is handmade, I want to make sure it will be loved by a little girl or boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It sure makes my day!