Friday, August 20, 2010

Luscious Lemon Curd


I finally made lemon curd from a recipe I found a while back.  I bought some cute small jars at Walmart, printed some labels and added a yellow ribbon (Sorry to my friends that received jars with no ribbon).  I thought the jars looked so cute.  With this recipe I was able to make four small jars.  These make cute gifts.  My girls were not too happy with the tartness of the lemons.  I will tweak the recipe next time and make it less lemony.  This is the recipe I followed: 

1 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 stick unsalted butter, in chunks

Wisk the sugar and eggs in a heavy saucepan; whisk in the remaining ingredients. Over medium-low heat, stir constantly until the curd thickens and a bubble or two pops at the surface, 8 to 10 minutes.  Don't let it boil!  Immediately scrape the curd into a heatproof container or canning jars.  Press plastic wrap against the surface to create a seal.  Cover, let cool, and then refrigerate until needed, up to 3 weeks.  Recipe courtesy of Parade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It sure makes my day!